Guide Rail Systems
Unison® Adjustable Guide Rails
Unison® Modular Flexible Guide Rail Adjustment System.
Unison® provides greater conveying line interchangeability and flexibility for future container and line changes, and a quicker return on investment than any other adjustable guide rail system. Precise container control through any configuration of straight, corner, curve section and change up to 80 feet (24 m) from one location.
Unison® enhancements include:
- Modular footprint, clean design and efficient mounting system for quick, easy installation
- Greater line flexibility for future line reconfiguration or adding or removing SKUs
- No tweaking, no adjustments, no maintenance for greater cost control
- Reduced changeover time to set from one container size to another
- Improved container conveying performance no more shingling, tipping, popping up or jamming
Unison® Mini Guide Rail System
The Unison® Mini system is engineered specifically for smaller profile containers conveyed on narrow width conveyors. No other adjustable corner solution on the market has the capability to adjust to a tight radius and maintain true curve and width dimensions with no further individual adjustment.
The miniature footprint and stroke range provides greater flexibility and control of lighter weight and smaller containers. Unison® Mini retrofits to new or existing conveyors in any line configuration and adjusts straight, curve and corner sections simultaneously. The Mini system provides the same benefits as our larger Unison® systems—greater line flexibility, tool-less changeovers, accurate repeatable adjustment, precise container control, maximum throughput, increased uptime, low maintenance and simple intuitive operation.
The Unison® Mini provides rapid line changeover with consistent, accurate, and repeatable set-up. From straight sections to curves to tight-radius corners, the Unison® Mini system adjusts all sections from one location without pneumatics. Using dial indicator readings guide rail change is precise, repeatable, consistent and eliminates fine-tuning.
Whether your containers are large or small in profile, you will find the right guide rail adjustment system with Unison® Mini.
- Guide rails adjust in seconds without pneumatics
- Repeatable, consistent, precise guide rail changeovers using dial indicator readings, eliminating guess work and operator variations
- Single point adjustment of conveyor guide rails including corners, curves, and straights eliminates the need to adjust the guide rails at every vertical support
- Tool-less and no tweaking
- Top and bottom rails can be adjusted independently for greater container control
- Simple operation significantly frees up skilled labor for other production requirements
Unison® Vertical and Horizontal Guide Rail Adjustment
Unison® Vertical and Horizontal Guide Rail Adjustment System provides the ultimate in line flexibility and container control performance.
Components include multiple rails for precise top, bottom, and midpoint container control. The system adjusts vertically to various heights for optimum control of challenging containers and horizontally for varying widths.
Unison® Vertical and Horizontal Guide Rail is the ideal solution for Customers with multiple container sizes or shapes that want to simplify line management and operations to save time, labor, and costs.
- Shingling, tipping, and other production slow-downs are eliminated
- Height and width can be adjusted simultaneously or independently
- All adjustments are consistent, accurate, and repeatable for predictable line performance and container control in every change
Unison® Adjustable Guide Rails Resources
Automated Unison® Guide Rail Systems increase efficiency in changeovers and provide transparency of Overall Equipment Efficiency at your fingertips.
Unison® automation is the ultimate guide rail adjustment feature, freeing up operators and their time for other production areas. In a time-sensitive world Customers routinely stress the need for greater line efficiency, reduced changeover time, less downtime, elimination of operator error in setup, and systems that will reduce operator interference to adjust while running production.
This Human-Machine Interface presents instant information to an operator about the state of their packaging line during setup and run time. The Unison® Automation System is easy to program when introducing new containers and removing containers is no longer required. Automation systems can be stand-alone or directly interfaced into existing electrical control panels.
- System changes over in seconds
- Automation systems can adapt and retrofit to existing Unison® mechanical systems
- Simply mounts onto Unison® adjuster
- System operates in a wash-down environment NEMA 4X or IP65
- System can operate 24 hours per day, 7 days per week for 52 weeks
- Torque of 3 Nm minimum to 6Nm for your specific application. Speeds of 50 RPM or less
- Automation requirements accommodate any specific requirements for sensing, homing, power down/up, production interferences
- CE compliant
Unison® Automation Resources
A Customer with a non-adjustable guide rail system wanted to fully automate changeover of its guide rails to reduce downtime, eliminate set up variables created by different operators, and improve safety. They also wanted to improve throughput and eliminate container scuffling, shingling, and tipping which slowed production and caused product damage.
Unison® Models & Customer Support
Septimatech provides full-service sales, service, engineering and customer support backed by a commitment to help Customers achieve maximum value and performance from their packaging lines. Unison® systems are available as standard, pre-made components or as a custom solution for unique, difficult packaging challenges. Septimatech supports all generations of Unison® and customer specific configurations. All Unison® products are backed by industry leading guarantees against component failure.