Line Adjustment Challenges & Solutions
Challenge: Shorter production runs, line flexibility needs, guide rail adjustment time excessive / inconsistent (corners, straights & crossovers )
- Standardized Guide Rail Changeover Solutions – Take changeover time from hours to minutes with intuitive, tool less, repeatable guide rail changeovers across multiple conveyor manufacturers for standardized changeover.
- Guide Rail Changeover Automation – Increase speed and repeat ability of change over, decrease lead-time to launch new products, and run at full production operating speeds.
- Reliable and Repeatable Guide Rail Changeovers – Adjustable guide rail and side guide solutions, providing precise container control through any configuration of straight, corner, curve section and change up to 80 feet of guide rail (24 m) from one location with accuracy within plus / minus 1 mm.
- Operator Changeover Variances – Eliminate tweaking and operator preference variations to achieve fast repeatable changeovers with dial indicator settings or automated adjustments by PLC.
- Multi-Lane Guide Rail Adjust – Adjust Case Packer and Accumulation lane divider and lane guides for multiple conveyor lanes, precisely to rigid settings, with the added ability to reduce or increase the number of container conveying lanes to accommodate various grid packing configurations.
Challenge: Conveyor corner and Cross-over Change Part storage limitations.
- Eliminate Change Parts – Adjustable side guides and guide rails for conveyor corners and cross-overs, maintain a centerlined and concentric container travel path for precise, controlled, repeatable container handling on any curve radius. Flexible, precise and superior to drop in rail change parts.
Challenge: Guide Rail adjustments due to bottle dimensional variations
- Rapid Pre-Set Guide Rail Settings – Easy, flexible and fast adjustment of guide rail settings to variations in container lot sizes during changeover and production. Fine-tune with precision through straight, corner or curve section to new container dimensions
- Case Packer & Accumulation Lane Divider Pre-Set Settings – Flexible and fast adjustment of Guide Rails and Lane Dividers to accommodate the variations in container lot sizes during production. Multi Lane, Split Lane and Accumulation conveyor dividers, lane guides and side guides adjusted in seconds with no downtime.
Challenge: Lack of Skilled Labour, Labour Shortages, Operator Preferences, Safe Ergonomics
- No Tools and Minimum Skill Required – The use of dial indicators at each hand wheel adjustment location, or Automatic adjustment thru an HMI touch screen, achieves precise changeovers to pre-determined settings or program recipes.
- Automated Guide Rail Adjust – Eliminate variation in adjustment settings associated to operator preferences, reach remote/hazardous locations and further increase guide rail adjustment speed by use of a touch screen either added to existing line controls or a stand alone line control.
- Multi Lane Divider Guide Rail Adjustment – Without the use of spacers or changeparts, adjust Case Packer and Accumulation conveyor lane dividers and side guide rails to pre-determined settings effortlessly and repeatably. Applies to Case Packer rails, Accumulation conveyor rails and divided conveyor guide rails.
Challenge: Guide Rail Adjustment in Remote Locations and Safety Concerns (Overhead Conveyor, Cap Tracks, Quarantine Areas)
- Engineered Guide Rail Changeover Solutions – Eliminate health and safety concerns and achieve consistent, repeatable guide rail adjustments for remote locations like overhead conveyor and quarantined areas, while reducing changeover time from hours to minutes with intuitive, tool less, repetitive changeovers across multiple conveyor manufacturers.
Challenge: New Technology Is Not Limited to New Machines
- Legacy Lines Can Be Upgraded – Retrofit to new or existing conveying lines for innovative ways to changeover guide rails settings and handle containers.
- Container Handling Solutions Custom To Your Container Needs – With over 26 years of container handling experience, providing changeover solutions for over 2,700 machine makes and models, to over 42 countries for all packaging and processing industries, our library of engineered solutions is available to be applied to your production facility.
Container Handling Challenges & Solutions
Challenge: Container and Cap Control (Shingling, Lifting, Jamming, Tipping, Marking, Denting)
- Container Retainer/Dust Cover – Proprietary solution eliminating container lifting and container instability during production.
- Container Handling Solutions – Timing Screw Drive Units, proprietary Timing Screw geometries, unique mechanical techniques along with proprietary solutions for orientating and managing container travel, to prevent or eliminate shingling and jamming.
- Container Geometric Profile Utilization – Specialized design enabling guide rails and side guides to stabilize container using existing container geometric features.
- Container Control Solutions – Adjustable Side Guides, Timing Screws, Changeparts with proprietary geometric techniques and Timing Screw Drive Units available for feeding and managing container travel, preventing or eliminating marking and denting.
- Low Friction Guides – Specialty low friction materials available as guide rail surface, reducing or eliminating container sticking.
- Unison Mini – Adjust guide rail setting on smaller frame conveyor to align caps and smaller containers, achieving premium cap and container handling and control.
Challenge: Container Static Issues
- Beaded Guide Rail – Custom engineered guide rail profiles to increase surface contact with less friction for corners, straights and cross overs.
- Static Reduction Solutions – Anti-static materials and engineered solutions to disipate static build up, preventing containers from sticking to guide rails and each other.
Challenge: Puck Handling
- Multi-Contact Point & Guide Geometry – Smooth transfer of puck and container to accuratly place the container and puck for packaging application to be completed.
Challenge: Prevent Product Waste, Product Loss Due to Splashing
- Guide Rail to Container Multi-Contact Point – Motion study analysis of containers on test conveyor define optimum guide rail to container contact points for smooth transfer and conveying of container, minimizing foaming, splashing and product oxygen content while achieving higher production speeds.
- Unison Vertical/Horizontal – Adjust guide rail position to predetermined settings, to align the guide rail with the optimum location horizontally and vertically for superior container control.
Challenge: Unsatisfactory Production Speeds
- Guide Rail System Review – Performance study of existing guide rails, observing current operating nuances by utlizing our combined 100 plus years of industry intellect.
- Multi-Industry Intellect – Experience obtained from working with numerous makes and models of conveyor, across all Consumer Packaged Goods industries, applied to develop solutions to obtain performance speeds between 150 BPM to 2,300 BPM.