Customer wanted a more robust and cost-effective solution to their existing expensive crowner star assemblies for their high-speed, glass bottle packaging line.
Existing crowner star assemblies were causing declines in productivity and performance due to excessive wear, water absorption and glass damage.
About the Customer
Large multi-national brewery operating high speed bottling lines around the clock.
Septimatech developed a new ‘modular’ star design with a stainless steel skeleton and nylon pocket inserts that could be easily removed and changed in a couple minutes when damaged or worn.
The stainless steel skeleton provided a more robust design compared to the plastic incorporated by most crowner star assemblies. The nylon pocket inserts provided a durable but easily replaced component.
- Effective life span of components increased.
- Change part and glass damage were greatly reduced.
- Replacement and maintenance costs for worn or damaged pockets were greatly reduced.
- Maintenance time was significantly reduced.
- Line performance and productivity increased.
- New parts helped reduce the O2 content in the beer.